The Brainstorming venue is in the South Campus of the University of Seville, several kilometres far from the centre of the town. Below, you can find information of two residences of the university, a youth hostel and three hotels, which are about ten minutes walk from the campus, but if you lodge there you will need a bus or a taxi to go to the city centre.
IMPORTANT: Reservations should be made by contacting the hotel/guesthouse directly, with the exception of "Residencia Universitaria Rector Estanislao del Campo" and "C.M.U. Hernando Colón", which will be made by us. We highly recommend making reservations as early as possible.
We have booked a few single and double rooms for researchers in the following residences of the University of Seville. IMPORTANT: If you are interested in booking this lodging, please, write an e-mail to Ana Ruiz (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not contact the residence directly.
Colegio Mayor Universitario Hernando Colón
- Address: C/ Sor Gregoria de Santa Teresa s/n.
- Distance: It is about 5 minutes walking from the venue.
- Fares: The fee for a single room with breakfast is 35 €/day, the fee for a double room with breakfast is 50 €/day.
- Webpage of the residence (spanish): www.institucional.us.es/cmhcolon
Residencia Universitaria Rector Estanislao del Campo
- Address: C/ Guadalbullón, esq. Carretera su Eminencia s/n.
- Distance: It is about 15 minutes walking from the venue.
- Fares: The fee for a single room with kitchen is 40 €/day. It includes basic kitchenware, sheets and towels. There are also other services (to be booked):
- Breakfast: 3€
- One meal (lunch/dinner): 6€
- Breakfast + One meal (Media Pensión): 8€
- Breakfast + Two meals (Pensión completa): 13€
- Webpage of the residence: www.rusevilla.com
Instalación Juvenil de Sevilla
Highly recommended for young researchers. It is close to the Brainstorming venue (near Reina Mercedes Avenue). Reception opens 24 hours, Public Telephone, Air conditioning and Heating, Self-service dining-room, TV & Video Room and meeting room for 25 people. 1 Assembly room - with stage - for 180 Central patio for leisure activities, Food & Beverage vending machines.
This is a Youth Hostel of Sevilla. Fees depend on the age. They are lower if you are under 26, but you can lodge there if you are older. You can get updated information and make reservations on line at http://www.inturjoven.com, www.reaj.com and www.hihostels.com.
The nearest hotels to the Brainstorming venue are the following:
Hotel Sevilla Palmera
- Address: C/ Alfonso Lasso de la Vega s/n, 41013 Sevilla.
- Distance: It is about 15 minutes walking from the venue
- Phone: +34 955 518 500
- Fax: +34 954 231 532
- Single room without breakfast: 49.00€
- Single room + breakfast: 55.00€
- Double room without breakfast: 52.00€
- Double room + breakfast: 59.00€
Optional half-board supplement (including lunch) 8.00€ per person.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Please indicate in the email the name of the conference, BrainStorming Week on Membrane Computing 2011, in order to access the above fares.
- Webpage: www.hotel-sevillapalmera.com/webing/index.php
Hotel Al Andalus Palace
Hotel AC Ciudad de Sevilla
If you prefer to lodge in the centre of the town, there are many web sites which offer hotels at reasonable fares as:
and, of course, if you need any help, do not hesitate to contact Ana Ruiz (Mail: anarumez at us.es, Phone: +34 954 557947)